Mental Health Officer (La Grange, KY)
Are you looking for a challenging yet a rewarding career opportunity?
No experience? That’s okay, on the job training provided!
Management Registry Inc. has what you are looking for with an opportunity at The Kentucky Correctional Psychiatric Center (KCPC)
The day-to-day goal is to help KCPC maintain an Excellent working environment by keeping the facility safe and problem-free.
KCPC is a maximum security, state hospital that performs competency evaluations for persons in Kentucky. This population is typically short-term and changes often; KCPC is the only forensic hospital in Kentucky serving all 120 counties.
We are looking for Correctional Officers to serve as key members of a team that includes Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers and Nurses.
As a correctional officer you will be specially trained to monitor patient behavior to record their activities, mood, etc., in the patient's medical chart, which provides key information for the patient's evaluator.
SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL AVAILABLE! An additional $0.60 is earned on 2nd shift plus an additional $1.00 per hour for all shifts on Saturday and Sundays!
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Monitor and participate in activities with patients while providing a safe, therapeutic environment; maintaining custody and control.
- Operate a control panel, perform rounds, escort patients, conduct searches and report counts of patients.
- Actively participate in behavioral program planning and implementation while cooperating with all disciplines to achieve maximum safety and therapeutic benefit.
- Verbally or physically intervene as a team in hostile situations.
- Provide pertinent information for patient’s medical charts.
- Provide written reports on incidents and keep supervisors informed.
- Possess a high school diploma or GED and be at least 21 years of age.
- Maintain a valid driver's license.
- Pass nationwide background check and drug test.
- Must be willing and able to work any shift and overtime as required.
- Skills in teamwork, attention to detail, ability to work under pressure, excellent verbal and written communication.
Please forward your resume and contact information with your application
Management Registry is an Equal Opportunity Employer